Monday, February 8, 2010

Took a trip

I have had the most horrendous two weeks, we'll just call it "female issues" and leave it at that. This Thursday we left to take the kids to the space center, we got a cabin and just had some family time. On the way home we met some friends of ours. I have great respect for this family. When things got funky, they didn't just complain about it they moved to where they knew they could be in a good church and be happy. God really smoothed the way for them, it worked in such a way you know it was miraculous. He is an UPC evangelist. They both have been raised Apostolic since birth. I commend them for at least appearing to lack judgement about our leaving. I know that things that were said, or thought or even talked about amongst themselves doesnt' come from an ugly place of wanting to judge. They really truely believe we're going to hell for leaving that church and those standards behind. On the other hand, they understand why we couldn't stay where we were..I mean they couldn't either. He said that he really feels like the Pastor here is going to have to answer for all the people who have left his church to backslide. He also said that we "had been such good saints" I know he doesn't mean offense by this but it hurt. I respect this man greatly, he is one of the very very few people I know who put feet to his faith. He lives convictions. He and my husband have been great friends for a long time, it wasn't uncommon for us to have a big mid day meal on sundays between church services. My kids to be at their house and their kids at mine. We gave them our van because we felt like thats what the Lord led to do. For him to consider me no longer "a saint" pierced my heart. I noticed that even though the conversation flowed, it was forced sometimes.stilted. I noticed he tried not to look right at me, and the children were a little offstandish to mine at first. Even though we talk and we facebook ect, I have lost a dear dear friend in his wife. her veiws of me are diminished. His respect for my husband is lessened. They want us to come stay and go to the Alabama general revival con. I don't know how to explain that not only am I through with this local church.. I am done with that entire movement. I am done with ANY movement lol.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movements can be ugly. The only movement that is out there is a movement towards a pure relationship with the Lord. His guidance, his teaching, His love, His grace, His convictions.

    That would have pierced my heart also for someone to have said to me. How can they think that because you left a church or organization you don't love God? My.... if they only knew the freedom that comes to knowing God with out having a yoke of bondage hanging on around your neck. How free is that!! And you probably are receiving more of God's love now then ever before.

    Bless you sister, oh and thanks for your comment on my blog. I am sure you can totally relate to the bad mouthing I was receiving towards the anonymous person. Oh well. Life goes on. I forgive and I understand more clearly now in issues of religion.....makes me want to know God more and more and more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete