Saturday, December 19, 2009

Interesting experiment for the UPCers

I have really been having this struggle. I think it is fairly common for people who leave the UPC to feel as though everything in their life that goes wrong is because they left the UPC which btw is the ONLY way to heaven (whatever..) Never mind that you've always had problems and the Lord is always just on time.no this time he may not be cause I got some pants on! This destructive thinking sneaks in through the backdoor. No rational logial person would ever admit to thinking this or would even believe it if it were said to them directly. What happens the Pastor says this family or that family left over such and mess and now they are all backslid and heroin addicted. Or "don't leave this church and then call ME when you get in some accident and expect me to come pray for you" on and on this goes until you absorb some of it. I have really been praying about this tendency because its such a negative view of God. What father would allow some castrophe to happen to his child because she wore jeans, or got a trim? How incredibly disproportionate. I find it hard to imagine my Father who loves me being that harsh. So upon much prayer I felt led to read Galatians. NO idea why I'm up at 2 a.m. reading Galatians other than the Lord told me to. So heres what you do if your in bondage to a bunch of standards and legalistic junk. Everywhere in Galatians Paul uses the word "circumcision", "law" or anything like that plug in the word STANDARDS. That'll clear it all up for ya.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I have never understood the mindset of those who believe God would damn someone for a difference of opinion. I am firmly convinced most "church" rules are the rules of man, not God. The same is true of my faith. It's all about intent. If your intent is honest and true, then who cares if you wear pants or get a trim or go to a nude beach! God loves us all and like any good parent it takes a lot to piss God off.

    ReplyDelete